[udig-devel] update sites on by default

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed May 19 02:40:13 PDT 2010

I took another run at this (ie exporting with generating a metadata repository for P2).
Ended up taking a lot of unused stuff out of our udig_lanaguage feature (ie translations of parts of eclipse we don't use).

I then proceed to go though and fix each of the features so that there dependencies reflected reality (you can ask eclipse to manage that for you when plugins are added/removed from a feature) but we do not.  Looking at eclipse features they never seem to have this dependency section filled in?

Finally I got to the stage where all udig features worked; and it could not export out the org.eclipse.rcp feature :-(  Right now we include the org.eclipse.rcp feature in our udig-feature so we export out everything we need. I tried moving it from the udig-feature to the udig.product - but got the same kinds of failure.

The failures amounted to being unable release org.eclipse.rcp due solaris gtk (or some such).
I have rolled back my attempt.

Going to need some collaboration and doc reading to get this one done.

Jody